Scholarships Awarded to Students with Dermatologic Conditions
Ortho Dermatologics awarded scholarships in 3 categories, including Undergraduate Scholar Awards for students pursuing an undergraduate degree, Graduate Scholar Awards for students pursuing a graduate degree, and Today’s Woman Scholar Awards for students who are mothers pursuing higher education.
Applicants submitted an essay that discussed how their dermatologic condition and subsequent treatment impacted their everyday lives. A panel of dermatologists reviewed the applications and selected the winners. The 9 applicants chosen will receive $10000 toward their education.
The 9 recipients of the 2017 Aspire Higher scholarship program are:
Undergraduate student winners - for students pursuing an undergraduate degree.
- Jordan Johnson of Friendswood, Texas, who will attend the University of Arkansas
- Robert (Robby) Ruffolo of Dayton, Ohio, who will attend the University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill)
- Meredith Richards of Kinderhook, New York, who is currently enrolled at Utah State University
Graduate student winners - for students pursuing a graduate degree.
- Madeline Gore of Lakeville, Minnesota, who will attend Loyola University of Chicago
- Braden Candela of Rochester, New York, who is enrolled at the University of Rochester School of Medicine & Dentistry
- Shulei (Shelley) Chen of Walnut, California, who is enrolled at UC Berkeley – UCSF Joint Medical Program
Today’s Woman Scholar winners - for students who are mothers and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree.
- Amy Feldman of South Jordan, Utah, who is enrolled at Brigham Young University
- Bianca Bzdel of Mill Valley, CA, who is enrolled at the University of California Davis
- Carine Henderson of Sandy, Utah, who has been accepted to the graduate program at Brigham Young University
Additional information about the Ortho Dermatologics Aspire Higher scholarship program can be found at AspireHigherScholarships.com. The 2018 program will begin accepting applications in early 2018.